Israel resumed its bombing of Gaza following the ending of a temporary ceasefire. While a peace agreement was brokered by President Donald Trump before he even took office, the deal fell through between the Jews and Muslims due to disagreements over the release of the remaining hostages and the implementation of the ceasefire.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said they were “conducting extensive strikes on terror targets belonging to the Hamas terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip,” in a statement early Tuesday morning.
According to Gaza’s health ministry, the Jewish state’s attack claimed the lives of over 400 Palestinians, including children.
“From now on, Israel will act against Hamas with increasing military strength,” a statement from the office of Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu said.
59 hostages remain in Gaza, although less than half are thought to still be alive. While hundreds were killed in Gaza from the Israeli airstrike, including children, five senior officials of Hamas were also killed.
“Hamas announced the deaths of at least five senior officials among the group’s Gaza leadership. Two, like Yasser Harb, were officials in the group’s political bureau. Others, including Bahjat Abu Sultan — director of Hamas’s feared internal security agency — held senior security roles. Another militant group, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, also said the spokesman for its military wing, who was known as Abu Hamza, had been killed in the Israeli strikes,” The New York Times said Tuesday.
BREAKING VIDEO: Trump Bumped With Boom Microphone At Press Gaggle— Was It Intentional?